Many of you have been requesting a blogpost of me showing you guys how do I take photos at home, truth is I have actually invested in a Ringlight to enhance my photos.
FIRST OF ALL TO NOT CONFUSE YOU GUYS, THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF RINGLIGHT AND LET ME SHARE YOU MY EXPERIENCE ON HOW I WASTED MY MONEY PURCHASING THE WRONG ONE.
Initially, I thought there was only one type of ringlight. I made my way down to Sim Lim Square and I was cheated for the mini-ringlight (below) for $150 which I checked online it was only $30.
This is the portable one, let me state out the disadvantages.
- It is not strong enough to take photos (light source is not strong enough)
- Only can last for 45mins after charge ( though stated 2 hours )
- You only can use manual focus, because it's too heavy for my lens
I'm not trying to say that this product is bad, but i think if you use this to take close shots, like food, other items it will be very useful. Especially doing advertorials on items like if you wanna take close shots la! But also didn't regretted getting this. Anyway look at the one below
Exclude the camera and the tripod. I got this LARGE ringlight at Funan for $150. Inclusive of the camera stand. It's freaking GORGEOUS. (Updated 2013: Sim Lim sells this at $90 now )
Now I got 2 ring lights at home, I don't have to worry having ugly photos. LOL
The benefits when you have a ringlight at home:
- Sharper photos
- Clearer photos
- You don't have to worry if you are taking shots at night...
- The super chio, eye effect ( Main purpose of me getting the ringlight )
- You can play around with the lighting and trust me the photo will look good no matter what.
Here are some photos I took last time using my ringlight, now I'm very lazy to take photos now unless if there is an advert that requires me to take photos! Hahahaha!
Where to get the $90 ring light!! any simlim stall ah? thanks for the post! ;)ReplyDelete
Hey Damien, can i know which shop in Sim Lim sells for $90? Thanks a bunch!ReplyDelete